KOIN 6, a Nexstar Broadcasting Television Station in beautiful Portland, Oregon, seeks a dynamic and top-notch Creative Services Producer. We offer a top 25 market in the most livable city in America, with great ownership, a professional, fun-loving team and relevant brand.
Job Summary: The creative services producer delivers and contributes top-notch news promotion that takes our efforts to the next level. Write teases that keep the viewer engaged and glued on all platforms. Edit compelling promos that entice the viewer to watch and interact with our station and its content.
****This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (NABET) and subject to union dues and fees.****
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating stories for best possible promotion content; writing compelling teases for promos, social media posts, in-show and various platforms.
- Direct, write, shoot, edit topical news promotional spots and content designed to compel the viewer to watch.
- Create promotional spots, public service announcements and other special projects as assigned.
- Create graphics and special effects for promotional content on multiple platforms.
- Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
- Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Creative, progressive thinker with ideas to make compelling promotion on multiple platforms.
- Detail oriented; proficient in non-linear editing.
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
- Strong news marketing judgment and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Proficiency in ENPS preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute + 3 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Utilize state-of-the-art TV technology, including Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
High-stress environment with deadline pressures.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To apply: Please visit the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4331
********* REVISED: 10/7/16