Dropped cigar starts fire in electrical vault

No one was injured

Portland Fire responded to reports of a fire at Southwest 12th and Yamhill on July 12, 2017. (KOIN)
Portland Fire responded to reports of a fire at Southwest 12th and Yamhill on July 12, 2017. (KOIN)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Portland Fire and Rescue is responding to a fire in an electrical vault in Downtown Portland.

Portland Fire responded Wednesday afternoon to reports of a fire at Southwest 12th and Yamhill. The fire turned out to be from a cigar dropped into the vault. It landed on some leaves and the smoke was moved around by cooling fans.

There was no damage to any equipment.

People were evacuated from the immediate area and MAX trains were delayed for a short period of time.

No injuries have been reported.