PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Three students experienced medical emergencies Friday morning during a ceramics class at Tigard High School.
According to Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue, two students fainted and one felt lightheaded all around the same time. One student was hospitalized for evaluation, another was taken by a parent to a medical facility and another was cleared by paramedics at the school.
School officials said everyone was evacuated from the classroom and the HVAC to the room was closed off. TVF&R investigated the incident and determined there were no hazardous substances in the ceramics classroom.
Investigators said the medical emergencies were not the result of harmful exposure and it is unknown what exactly caused their symptoms, but they had been standing for a long period of time.