Lebanon family’s oven ignites during self cleaning cycle

Fire crews were called shortly before 12 p.m. on Friday morning

This stove in Lebanon caught fire during its self cleaning cycle. November 25, 2016, (Lebanon Fire District)
This stove in Lebanon caught fire during its self cleaning cycle. November 25, 2016, (Lebanon Fire District)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — The oven of a Lebanon family caught fire when they attempted to use its self cleaning function on Friday, officials say.

The Lebanon Fire Department said it was called shortly before 12 p.m. on Friday morning to 204 Cascade Dr. in response to the oven fire.

When fire officials arrived, they found smoke billowing from a stove in the kitchen of a single wide mobile home.

The homeowner said residual grease and other food items inside the oven ignited after the self cleaning function was started.

Firefighters carried the stove outdoors and ventilated the smoke from inside.