Fire damages 4-plex in SE Portland

Neighbors say unit where fire started was vacant

A fire damaged apartments in SE Portland, October 7 2016. (KOIN)
A fire damaged apartments in SE Portland, October 7 2016. (KOIN)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – A fire damaged a four-plex apartment complex on Friday morning.

The fire was reported around 4:15 a.m. in the 5600 block of Southeast 123rd Avenue. Fire crews later said the cause of the fire was unattended coals from a barbecue.

Four adults and four children are displaced as a result of the fire. A resident who was living at the complex told KOIN 6 News that the fire was burning in a vacant unit.