PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A cigarette in bark dust is the prime suspect in a 2-alarm fire that damaged a Southeast Portland business early Saturday morning.
The fire at 13908 SE Stark was reported at 6:25 a.m., with a second alarm called just 12 minutes later. The fire began on the outside of the building and quickly spread to the attic.
Employees told investigators they put water on some smoldering bark around 5:30 p.m. Friday and believed the fire was out.
A damage estimate is not available at this time.