PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Planning on going out for New Year’s Eve? Going to be drinking? Need a ride home? TriMet has you covered.
All TriMet service will be free after 8 p.m. on Thursday, December 31.
Buses, Streetcar and WES Commuter Rail will operate on regular weekday schedules, but the MAX will be offering late-night service until around 3 a.m.
- MAX Blue Line will leave for its last trip to Gresham at 3:12 a.m. from Pioneer Square South. The last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3:12 a.m.
- MAX Green Line will leave for its last trip to Clackamas at 3:15 a.m. from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th. The last trip downtown leaves Clackamas Town Center at 2:18 a.m.
- MAX Orange Line will leave for its last trip to Milwaukie at 3:10 a.m. from Pioneer Place/SW 5th. The last trip downtown leaves SE Park Avenue at 3:50 a.m.
- MAX Red Line will leave for its last trip to PDX at 10:30 p.m. from Pioneer Square South. The last trip to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 11:49 p.m. Shuttle buses will carry riders from Gateway Transit Center to PDX as needed until 3:30 a.m.
- MAX Yellow Line will leave for its last trip to Expo Center at 3:06 a.m. from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th. The last trip to downtown leaves Expo Center at 2:41 a.m. A trip to Rose Quarter Transit Center and Ruby Junction/E 197th leaves the Expo Center at 3:46 a.m.
Uber is also offering $25 toward a ride for new users on New Year’s Eve.
“With so many options available at people’s fingertips, like Uber, there is no excuse for anyone to drink and drive,” MADD Pacific Regional Director Kelly Larkin said in a press release. “We encourage Portland residents to plan ahead for a safe ride home this holiday season.”
All TriMet buses and MAX trains will run on Sunday schedules on New Year’s Day. Portland Streetcar will run on Saturday schedules and WES Commuter Rail will not be in service.