PORTLAND, OR — Fourteen years later, a number of events are taking place throughout the metro area to remember the events of 9/11.
Here is a list:
- The annual Portland Veterans Stand Down (The Stand Down) will be at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum to offer rest, recuperation, and resources to men and women who have served in all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- The Old Bats with RED Hats chapter will be waving flags on SE Washington Street in Portland, I-205 overpass at 10:00 AM.
- Portland Fire & Rescue Station 1, 55 SW Ash Street, is holding a memorial blood drive between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The City of Milwaukie, Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs and TriMet will host a Day of Remembrance ceremony at 5:30 p.m. in front of Milwaukie City Hall.
- In Vancouver, a ceremony will take place in front of City Hall (415 W. 6th St.) in remembrance of all those who lost their lives during the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.