Paradiso music fest death caused by MDMA

Toxicology results confirm how Beau Brooks, 22, died

Beau Brooks in an undated photo. The 22-year-old from Portland died at the Paradiso Music Festival in the Gorge, June 28, 2015 (Courtesy photo)
Beau Brooks in an undated photo. The 22-year-old from Portland died at the Paradiso Music Festival in the Gorge, June 28, 2015 (Courtesy photo)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Toxicology results released on Monday confirm that a man who died at the Paradiso music festival in June died of MDMA poisoning.

Beau Brooks, 22, died at the Confluence Health-Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee on June 29 after ingesting the drug at the festival in the Gorge Amphitheater.

A sheriff’s spokesman said Molly — a more pure form of Ecstasy — is commonly used at these events.

“I’m holding out hope that that didn’t play a part,” his mother, Heather Brooks, told KOIN 6 News after his death.

Some 27,500 people attended the sold-out dance music event. The sheriff’s office said 10 people were arrested during the festival, less than half as many as last year.

Comments are closed.