PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A fire nearly destroyed a house in Aloha on Friday morning, officials said.
Seth Meyer with Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue told KOIN that crews were able to extinguish the fire on the 4500 block of SW 195th. They took an offensive stance and had to be cautious as a gas meter was damaged in the fire and released natural gas.
Officials confirmed that the fire began outside of the house but are working to find the cause.
Both residents of the home were out of the structure when firefighters arrived and are currently displaced.