Dryer insulation catches fire at Roosevelt High

A small fire disrupted classes at Roosevelt High School Monday afternoon

Firefighters walk away from Roosevelt High School after putting out a small fire, Sept. 8, 2014 (KOIN 6 News/Jim Larson)
Firefighters walk away from Roosevelt High School after putting out a small fire, Sept. 8, 2014 (KOIN 6 News/Jim Larson)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN 6) — A small fire disrupted classes at Roosevelt High School Monday afternoon, but students were not dismissed early.

Smoke was reported coming from several vents at the school, 6941 N. Central Street, around 2 p.m., authorities said. Insulation on the backside of a dryer caught fire, but the damage was limited to the dryer itself.

Students and staff evacuated quickly and no one was hurt, authorities said.

The cause has not yet been identified.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s