HILLSBORO, Ore. (KOIN 6) — A fire displaced four people from their mobile home early Saturday morning, and one man was burned.
Investigators believe the fire started after some sort of an electrical problem.
Crews were dispatched to the mobile home in the 600-block of Southeast 3rd Avenue around 1 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived, they found flames coming through the windows on both sides of the wide mobile home.
The flames were knocked down within 10 minutes.
Firefighters learned that one of the residents and his 2 ½ year old nephew were on the front deck of the home when they saw the fire.
The man was hurt when he attempted to go back inside the house to look for the family’s dog.
He was transported to the Oregon Burn Center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center.
He is expected to survive his injuries. The dog had escaped on its own, firefighters said.
The Red Cross is now helping the four people.