Charcoal briquettes set Hillsboro deck on fire

The homeowners got out of the house when they heard glass breaking.

A fire started from charcoal briquettes that were not properly disposed at this Hillsboro home, July 19, 2014 (Hillsboro FD)
A fire started from charcoal briquettes that were not properly disposed at this Hillsboro home, July 19, 2014 (Hillsboro FD)

HILLSBORO, Ore. (KOIN 6) — A fire on the back deck of a Hillsboro home spread to the rear of the house and the garage, causing extensive damage.

The fire began around 8:15 p.m. in the 1800 block of NE 9th Avenue, officials said. The homeowners got out of the house when they heard glass breaking.

A total of 21 firefighters responded to put out the blaze. Investigators believe the fire started from charcoal briquettes that were not properly disposed.

The fire caused about $50,000 damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s