Extension cord sparks small house fire in Keiser

An extension cord caused a small fire in a Keiser home, April 23, 2014. (Facebook)
An extension cord caused a small fire in a Keiser home, April 23, 2014. (Facebook)

KEISER, Ore. (KOIN 6) — Firefighters responded to reports of smoke that turned into a fire at a Keiser home on Wednesday.

Upon investigating the master bedroom of a home on Potts Drive NE, firefighters said they discovered that an extension cord plugged into an electrical outlet was broken at the plug and started a small fire, which was partially hidden behind records on a rack.

Residents of the home were evacuated prior to firefighters’ arrival. Minimal damage was sustained.

Fire officials reminded residents to be cautious when utilizing extension cords and to ensure furniture and other items are placed a few inches away from plugs so cords don’t bend.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s