Man stuck in Tacoma chimney rescued

A chimney in Tacoma, Wash., where a man got stuck Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013. Firefighters had to cut him out. (KIRO-TV/Tacoma Fire Department)
A chimney in Tacoma, Wash., where a man got stuck Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013. Firefighters had to cut him out. (KIRO-TV/Tacoma Fire Department)

TACOMA, Wash. (KIRO) — Early Tuesday morning the Tacoma Fire Department was called to an apartment where a 24-year-old man was stuck in a chimney.

It happened in the 600 block of North J Street, in a house that had been converted into apartments.

The chimney was not in use and there was no access from the roof. Rescuers had to cut into the side of the chimney to gain access to the victim.

It is not clear how or why the man went into the chimney. He was rescued without injury and will not face any charges.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s