Here is your updated Portland Weather Forecast:
We catch a break from the wet weather late this morning through the afternoon. The dry weather doesn’t last long, the biggest storm of the season (so far) arrives tonight and lasts through Wednesday. The front is a slow mover. Rain increases today along the coast and slowly spreads inland moving from northwest to southeast. Our northern areas will be the first to see rain tonight. Rain doesn’t let up much until Wednesday night. Heaviest rain moves through mid-day Wednesday.
- *1”-2” rain possible in the Willamette Valley
- 2”-4” rain possible at the coast
- We’ll be watching rivers and streams that respond to heavy rain events (most of these are in the Coast Range)
- Watch for ponding and urban flooding. Trees are shedding their leaves, and tend to clog drains this time of year.
- High Wind Warning; 3 p.m. Tuesday through 9 a.m. Wednesday at the coast. We could see gusts of 60-65 miles-per-hour at the beaches and headlands.
Scattered showers (and maybe a few sun breaks) dominate Thursday. There’s a chance of isolated thunder, too. Friday starts drier than it ends. Another system moves onshore Friday afternoon or evening. Showers last through the weekend.