Fire breaks out at Goose Hollow apartment

At the scene of a fire at the Park Place Condos, located at 2393 SW Park Pl. on Tuesday, May 14, 2013. (Douglas Key/KOIN 6 News)
At the scene of a fire at the Park Place Condos, located at 2393 SW Park Pl. on Tuesday, May 14, 2013. (Douglas Key/KOIN 6 News)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Crews were able to quickly extinguish a fire that sparked at an apartment near Washington Park Tuesday morning.

Lt. Rich Chatman, Portland Fire & Rescue spokesman, reports that crews arrived at the Park Place Condos, located at 2393 SW Park Pl., at about 7:20 a.m., to find heavy black smoke in the hallways. Firefighters were able to knock the fire out quickly with a pump can.

After the flames were knocked down, Chatman said that residents were asked to stay in their apartments and not evacuate in order to allow crews to ventilate the building.

According to Chatman, a resident said that a pot of food caught fire on the stove and began spreading through the apartment.

It was not immediately confirmed if there were any injuries.

A financial estimate of the damage was not dislosed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s